Terms of Service (Updated June 1, 2020)
This document serves as a binding agreement between the property owner aka ‘homeowner’, hereby identified as “Client,” and LangleyWindowCleaning.com dba ‘William R King’, its agents, owners, and subcontractors, hereby identified as “Company,” for the execution of services in exchange for payment for services rendered.
The Client or his/her agent agrees to allow the Company on the property for the purposes of cleaning services. The Client agrees to allow the Company to utilize their residential water source via outdoor spigot, which will be turned on and easily accessible on the confirmed appointment date. If on well water, or if in an area with low water pressure or volume, the Client agrees to cease all water consumption inside the home to include faucets, showers, baths, toilet flushing, dishwashers, washing machines, outdoor sprinkler systems etc when services are being performed. In some cases, water pressure may just be too low to do any pressure washing.
• Acknowledgment of Risks and Releases of Liability
Company technicians are well trained in utilizing appropriate tools/equipment and will take the utmost precautions in making sure the company does not cause harm to your investment. Although high pressure is not used on residential siding, damage can still occur due to poor maintenance, neglect to the property, and/or lower grade building materials. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure the property has been maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and any defects or areas of concern are repaired prior to cleaning to insure a watertight exterior, this is not completely necessary for the Company. The Homeowner assumes all of these risks and takes responsibility for any damage that occurs due to the above explanations. On the date of service, the Company will walk around the property and provide the client with a written examination of pre-existing damage. This document is not all encompassing, as preexisting damage can become apparent while the surfaces are being cleaned. Heavy build ups of algae, mold and dirt may be hiding problems such as oxidization, cracks, oil & rust stains, wood rot, flaking and/or missing paint. In some circumstances the removal of staining may not be possible or practical, and replacement of surface or repainting may be necessary after cleaning is complete. Oxidization on vinyl is not the result of cleaning but is the natural aging process of vinyl which causes it to feel chalky, appear dull & even discoloured. When new damage is found, the Company will note and will make efforts to bring to clients knowledge immediately or at job completion at the discretion of the Company. The Client also agrees to release the Company of any or all liability for injuries sustained due to equipment placement to include injuries from tripping/falling, striking equipment, falling debris or equipment.
Client Responsibility On The Scheduled Day of Service:
- Please have multiple water spigots active and accessible.
- Please have all windows & doors tightly closed.
- Please have all pets inside & all pet waste cleared from work areas to avoid biohazard cleanup fees ($25/pile).
- Please ensure work areas and vicinities are clear of all items. Please remove all flags, doormats, vehicles, hoses, potted and/or hanging plants, as well as all sensitive/breakable items/materials from areas within 10-15 feet of work areas remembering that you are solely responsible for your items.
- As Outdoor Cameras may be sprayed during cleaning, please cover or remove before service day if possible (unless they are watertight).
- Exterior Window Cleaning: Please remove window screens prior to appointment if possible, to allow the Company to thoroughly wash glass, frames, sills, and tracks. A Brush Wash cleans only dirt and water-soluble spots and is recommended as a maintenance clean only. There is no guarantee of paint, stucco, tar, silicone, sap removal with a brush wash. A Squeegee Clean is recommended for a first time clean as non-water-soluble spots can be removed in this more thorough/up-close cleaning + detailing process.
- The Company is not responsible for water intrusion. While every effort is made to prevent this from happening, bad seals around windows, doors, and cracks in concrete foundations can make this unavoidable. In the event of any water intrusion, please notify the Company immediately.
- The Company is not responsible for the rare “fogging” effect that happens to multi pane windows with bad seals.
- This agreement to provide services is in no way a guarantee that any/all spots and/or stains will be removed completely. The Company maintains a high standard for cleaning and aims for 100% customer satisfaction, and will work with homeowners when this does not occur. If there are any cleaning issues, the Client agrees to contact/notify the Company within 7 days of project completion, so the Company can resolve the the concern for the Client asap.
- A Cancellation fee of $200+gst applies if the Company is not notified within 24 hours of scheduled appointment starting time, or if the Company arrives and cannot proceed with the contract due to steps 1-4 not being completed.
- A $50.00 Processing fee will be applied for cheques returned as “NSF”.
- When paying by credit card, a convenience fee of 3% + $0.30 will be added to invoice total.
• Media Release
The Client agrees to allow the Company to utilize any photos, descriptions, testimonials, reviews, quotes, or videos of the property and/or the client in the context of marketing or advertising for the Company. The
Company will use these items described in this section without any compensation to the Client. The Client agrees not to seek punitive action in a civil court of law regarding the development, display, reproduction, and/or printing of any/all of the above examples of media. This may include the use of photos, testimonials and videos posted or displayed on online venues such as social media sites and/or the Company’s website. Identifying factors such as: licence plate, house number, street name, phone numbers, and/or email addresses will be kept confidential and will not be shared online.
• Corrections of Damages
The Company shall only be obligated under this Contract for structural damages which are a direct result of operator error, gross negligence, or willful misconduct. Damages must be discovered and reported within 3 calendar days of project completion. Upon receipt of written notice, The Company shall be allowed 30 calendar days from date of receipt for the purpose of inspecting the premises. The Company shall have the sole option of repairing or contracting repair work to correct any structural damages that are a direct result of the Company.
• Payment Terms
NET 0. All Invoices are due the day of completion of the contracted project. Residential Clients: Payment is due the day of project completion unless alternate arrangements have been made. Commercial Clients: Payment is due within 30 days of Invoice Date unless alternate arrangements have been made.
• Collection of Outstanding Debt
The Company reserves the right to attach a builder’s lien against a homeowner’s property for non-payment. At 30 days past due, a formal notice of intent to file this lien will be sent via registered mail. Interest rate of 2% per month begins accruing after day 31 of non payment. The Company also reserves the right to enter into civil claims court to collect outstanding debt. All legal fees incurred will be added to the remaining unpaid balance. This contract is binding.
• Agreement to Terms
By accepting a quote, the Client agrees that all the above terms and conditions are satisfactory and hereby accepted. You authorize The Company to do the work as specified on the quote form. You release the Company from property damage unless damage is caused by gross negligence or willful misconduct. The Company is not responsible for damage to loose siding, windows, concrete, asphalt, paving stones, loose items left near work areas, paint or wood trim. Any aforementioned damages are the sole responsibility of the owner.